The Provincial Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (PTF-ELCAC) has reorganized and expanded its membership to intensify the anti-insurgency campaign in the province.

Governor Roel Degamo, chair of Negros Oriental TF-ELCAC, said under E.O. 70 of former Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, the Provincial Development Council (PDC) and the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) will be the members of the task force including all the mayors and civil society organizations.

Through the ‘”whole-of-nation approach,” Degamo said the provincial government has been implementing infrastructure projects for different insurgency-affected barangays.

The governor said the national government also pledged some P4M for each of the identified conflict barangays.

He said that through the national government funds, the roads of Barangays Luyang, Pantiao, Cabcaban, Nalundan in Mabinay town have already been cemented.

“With these road constructions, we observed that there was no more reported presence of NPAs in the areas,” the governor added.

For now, the provincial government will start the construction of a P10-million primary hospital in the far-flung area of Tamlang Valley to cater to the barangay residents.

The setting up of Tamlang Valley Community Primary Hospital aims to address health concerns and insurgency problem in the barangays of Sta. Catalina, Pamplona, and Valencia towns.

The provincial task force also proposed a socialized housing or ‘pabahay’ project worth P20M for former members of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA).

With the cooperation and assistance of all stakeholders, Degamo expects that the insurgency problem in the province will be eradicated.

“We are 80 percent towards gearing a zero insurgency and the remaining 20 percent is getting lesser. So let’s put forth more effort to our work,” said Degamo.